Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Apr 15, 2008

New Dance Company






























My daughter has started an independent Modern Dance company. Together with her sister and another dancer, they are starting out to gain exposure, raise funds and show the city that Modern Dance is alive and well!! I am so proud!!
elle Q dance company debuts this summer at our annual Northern Lights Festival Boreal. They needed a photo for some media coverage and for the NLFB program, so I got to shoot the trio last weekend.

I learned a lot on this shoot:

1. My kit lens came through and proved to be a darn good lens.
2. Lighting in an OLD house basement can be awesome
3. After setting CWB, don't forget to switch your focus back to Auto. I learned this the hard way as some of the shots were kinda blurry. DUH
4. A tripod is my friend
5. 160 shots isn't too many. Out of that many shots, I managed to get a really good selection of decent shots!!

So, if you live in Sudbury, be on the lookout for this amazing dance company!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st off, congrats to your girls Debb, I can see why you would be so proud.

2nd off, these pics are freakin' amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

3rd off, wish them luck from me, if I lived closer I would definitely check it out :)

Great great job my lil chicklet!

Karen

Shannon said...

Hey Debb,
I love the gorilla shots..hee hee
and the last 2 in the dungeon...are you sure you aren't holding them down there? Great shots , very moody!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....