Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Dec 10, 2006

Christmas Inspiration

A Poem, by Deborah.....
[©1992 Deborah Pero]

Christmas Inspiration


What is it about this season
that gives me inspiration?
I love the invigoration
that comes with this festive occasion.
It's such an exciting contagion
to attack us with such jubilation!
Shopping can be quite an aberration
as I have seen in my observations.
It seems like the whole entire nation
is pacing the malls in an odd formation,
staring in fixation
at prices of inflation,
blocking the aisles in fraternization,
searching in desperation
for a gift for a relation.
Amidst the decorations
we all ask the same question,
will this gift be received
with thrilling elation
or tossed in a closet
with no hesitation?
Don't you sometimes wish for tranquilization
to put us in a state of anesthetization
just to get through the holiday aggravations?
Then in the New Year,
with renewed determination
we resolve to change things
in personal affirmation,
or to answer life's questions
in interpretations,
to find justification
in our idealization,
to bring warmth,
peace and love to creation.
We may ponder our past in
contemplation;
some with sadness or great damnation.
Others with glee and gratification.
But I have nothing but glad appreciation, and in my final closing summation,
I can say with acclamation
I hold dear in my heart such adulation
for all of my past Christmas vacations.
So now I look with clear admiration
at our elegant tree in illumination,
and give thanks for my love,
for fate's destination,
for my family,
my life,
my inspiration.

No comments:

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....