Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Aug 28, 2007

Lauren and Meghan

LAUREN
This one was taken when Lauren was at the School of Toronto Dance Theatre. I had a point and shoot then and now when I look back on the photos from that day I wish I could go back and reshoot with my Pentax!! These girls had a small dance group they formed and called themselves "Stir Crazy". This has always been one of my favourite dance shots. We had gone for a hike on our favourite winter trail, and I [with a new Point and Shoot camera] wanted to try some freeze shots with it! First shot and this was the result!!
MEGHAN

In 2000, the Performing Arts Department presented CATS, the Musical. Meghan was so thrilled to get the role of Victoria, [the white cat on the left]! What a wonderful show, such talented kids.




This shot was taken on almost the same trail as the one above, but taken last fall. I still didn't have my Pentax at this time, so oh... the possibilities NOW!! Thanks again for peeking at my old stuff. I'll be at camp for a few days, so likely not able to post for a bit. I need to get out in the bush and find something interest to photograph while I'm there! Have a great week!!

10 comments:

flute4peace said...

I enjoyed these immensely - thanks for sharing them. They're great action shots and I really enjoyed hearing their history. I had the amazing experience of seeing CATS in London and it was just awesome. You should be very proud of your daughters!

Krystle said...

Wow these are great. Isn't it fun to go back and look at old photos (and want to reshoot lol).

Trisha said...

Thanks for the stories to go with the photos! They were interesting and added so much to each picture. I really love the last one btw :O)

Lorrie said...

very cool, even if they were "old stuff"!!

Jaime said...

I like the one of all three of them in the air!

Joanne Fowler said...

Fun Fun stuff today! WAy to go little P&S! Love the ones of them jumping!

robin said...

Love your dance shots, especially the CATS one. I would love to see that show sometime! Have fun at camp - Now, I'm hungry for s'mores!

Deb said...

Oh these are so fun and I loved the stories.

cherie said...

great action shots!!!!!

Sarah Goblot said...

I'm a sucker for jumping shots. :)

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....