Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Feb 6, 2008

I've been Tagged!

Heather, from CottageBlogger tagged me to list 7 Strange-but-true things about me! I'm always up for a challenge, so here goes:

1. I am really, really, really, really fastidious about waste reduction. I CAN'T throw something in the trash that can be recycled or reused, etc. I just can't. You might say that's a good thing, but it can be very annoying to friends and family members. I have been known [on many occasions] to take things OUT of the garbage that shouldn't be there. I am constantly razzing people for not following MY good habits!! I've also been known to pick fights about the importance of environmental issues. Oh, I could go on....

2. I can pick up almost anything with my toes!

3. I have an uncanny ability to harmonize to songs - even to ones that I'm hearing for the first time! Now, that in no means says I'm a GOOD singer, just that I can do it!

4. I secretly hoard chocolate.

5. I probably shouldn't admit this, but I like to peek into people's medicine cabinets! Once, at a party I hosted, I posted a sign inside my medicine cabinet that said, "I just caught you peeking inside my medicine cabinet. If you are reading this, you have WON - come to see me for a prize." Nobody claimed the prize!!! Hmmm, either no body looked, or they were afraid to admit it!!

6. I can't stand the sound of windshield wipers. When I'm driving, I set it to the slowest speed I can possibly tolerate. If Doug is driving, he usually puts them at the highest speed and I grit my teeth and seethe inside. I especially go nuts when it's stopped raining or slowed down and the wipers are still on high. Once, he got upset with me for telling him to turn them off, so now I have to grin and bear it and anxiously wait for the rain to stop. If he happens to run into a store or something, I quickly reach over and turn them down. If the wipers squeak -- it's even worse!! I can't explain it but they drive me NUTS!!!

7. When using the microwave, I have to stop the timer when the seconds read :09 or :13. It's a thing.

While I'm at it, I figure I'll post some photos from the cottage!



<

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list Debb - I have a friend who does the same thing with medicine cabinets. I used to put weird things in mine when she came round...and I mean really weird things...then watch her face when she came out of the bathroom. The cheese grater and jar of honey had her very confused!

Anonymous said...

Debb,
I'm with you on the windshield wipers. My husband chuckles every time I reach over and turn them off. I swear he does it on purpose.

Great pics from the cabin - you're so tech savvy.

Cheers,
Julie

Trina said...

haha, I have to admit I too peak inside medicine cabinets, but being a nurse I know what they are all for and why someone would be on them!! lol. Love your banner pic too!!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....