Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Jun 21, 2007

Randomness

It's been awhile since I've posted. No inspiration lately I guess. I'm itching for a new lens, but I can't decide what I want to get. I really like the 50mm I have, but it's not automatic, so I find I'm missing some focus on some candid shots. Perhaps I should get a 50mm Automatic? Or a Macro 100mm? I'm going to borrow a friend's extension tubes to see if I'm happy with those. If so, then I think I'll likely buy the 50mm 1.4. Oh, so many decision.
It's the first day of summer. What a cool night. After the heatwave the last few weeks, the cool breeze is a bit of a relief - especially at night. I actually had to get another blanket for the bed.
Poor Dougie had to go back to work this week after 4 weeks off. And to add insult to injury, he's catching a cold. However, we'll be heading back to camp on the weekend and I'm hoping this great weather holds up. I'm planning on taking some of my lenses and practicing some technique.
Here's a few random shots I thought I'd share.

These girls are our cousin's kids. Their first time learning how to paddle a canoe!



This shot overlooks Lake Ramsey from the Lakehouse restaurant. The boat is the Cortina. There are a few tours a day on the Cortina.




I really like this one of L. Taken with my 50-200 zoom. She was planting some perennials for me.



Just had to include a pic of our Gracie. I was actually just practicing my focus and was pleasantly pleased with the colour, composition and look of this one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo the Debb!!!

Great update, from what my friends have with their cameras they all swear by the 50 lens if that helps.

Love all your pics and that one of Gracie is pretty cool, it's just one of those photos ya know!

Hope Dougie doesn't get too sick like The Karen waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Take care bud, anxious to see your next shots.

Karen

Erika said...

I really like the one of the girl planting too, and the canoe one, looks like fun! I have the 50mm 1.4 and really like it, now I want a better zoom tho (with some wide angle) and I would love a macro, sheesh! Good luck with your lens decision!

Erika (elove)

Melissa said...

I like the dog shot! Like the 3rds i guess

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....