Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Jun 3, 2007

Fun at the Cottage

Doug's been on holiday the last two weeks. We haven't spent as much time at the cottage as we would have liked [lots of other errands to do and places to be]. There were some great days that we spent there with the girls and some where it was just Doug and I and Gracie. We had saunas and dips in the lake. We had a campfire. Sipping coffee on the dock at 8am in our PJs. Fun in the kayak and canoe. Saw a big Heron. Meg caught a fish. Gracie did lots of swimming and chasing squirrels. Delicious Bar-B-Qs. Games of Zuma and Rummy-Q inside. Eating junk food. One night at 3am we had a raccoon visit our deck. It was scratching the sugar water that had dripped from the hummingbird feeder. Some watch-dog we have - Gracie just yawned and rolled over!
It is absolute paradise at our camp. It doesn't get any better than this!

Here's a few pics from the last few days. I've been trying real hard to capture good pics straight out of the camera. I think I'm getting better!! All these are just cropped and NO PPing!!

THE THREE STOOGES


FIRST DIP IN THE LAKE [after the sauna]


WATCHING THE ANTS CARRY AWAY A DEAD BEETLE


DOUG OUT FISHING IN THE KAYAK


ME AND MY GRACIE


MEG IN THE KAYAK



MY GIRLS

8 comments:

Jan said...

Looks like a wonderful place and a great time had by all...Color me green with jealousy! I look forward to seeing more of your cottage. TFS!

Tina said...

That first one totally cracks me up, so fun!!
These are all great Debb, LOVIN the colors- looks like y'all had a blast!!
Tina

Sara said...

Good times, and good pics representing them. Can I come next time?!? ;)
I think you did great on them all, although Doug on the kayak looks a little overexposed. But these are GREAT!

Trisha said...

Great pictures! Sounds like you had a great time too! I LOVE swimming in the lake. We went on Mem. Day weekend and it was too cold! Bummer!

Tori said...

These are great! I love the fun that shines through in them!

jen said...

um, yep, I'm a bit jealous! Seems like you're having a great time! I love, love, love that first shot!

Mom2Drew said...

I'm officially jealous;)

Team Design-Bytes said...

Debb-
I've wondered where you have been, glad to see you've been out enjoying yourself, your family AND your camera! Just wanted to let you know, you were missed!
-Kaz

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....