Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Jun 28, 2007

Texture I


This weeks theme for Picture of the Day is intriguing. I have found myself looking at things in a new way to find texture in it! At the cottage the other day I found oodles of things! However, being the ever lazy person I can so often be, I didn't always have my camera with me. And even then I much preferred to soak up the sun on my floating island!!

I did manage to find a few neat things! This is Gracie's fur after a swim and a roll in the dirt!
What is it about dogs that makes them want to roll in the dirt if they smell too clean!? She loves to swim, 20-30 minutes at a time. Afterwards, she gets all goofy and rolls and rolls and rolls in the dirtiest place she can find! But on the other hand, she loves pretty smelling things too! If we have lotion on or have just had a shower she loves to rub up against us and even wants to rub her head in our hair! She especially loves the smell of Noxema!! Goofy dog.

3 comments:

Me said...

My Gracie is the same way. She loves to swim, but she hates it when her ears are wet and will rub in anything to dry them off. Drives me crazy.

Great texture shot. Way to look for the unique among the ordinary.

Dana said...

Great texture!I knew what it was right away! Fabulous dog--I love big dogs :)

Erika said...

I like the up close of the dog! I can almost smell that wet dog smell!!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....