Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Sep 4, 2007

My Family [well, a few of them!!]

I am so fortunate to have almost all my family living in the same city as me! Out of an extended family of 26 people, only 2 live across country and another 6 live about 5 hours away. Even though we all live close by, we don't get together very often, so when we do it's usually quite an event. But even then, we're always missing somebody! Busy schedules prevent us from always being able to be at the same place at the same time! At Christmastime, we try to all gather on one day for a family dinner. It's hard to plan for a day when everyone can be there, so when that does happen, it makes it an even more special event!

We had a nice gathering this summer for a BBQ and party. Most of these photos are from that day. I imagine the next time we'll be together will be Thanksgiving and/or Christmas!

__________________________________


******************************
I've been catching up on everyone's Blog posts from the last week or so. I haven't left comments everywhere, but I wanted to say that I am enjoying the peeks!! Thanks for visiting mine!
******************************
__________________________________

This is my Mamma! She's 83.


My big sister...!


My niece...


My nephew's girlfriend...


My great-niece...


9 comments:

Deb said...

:)

Love the picture of your great niece.

Anonymous said...

Awe such great photos, gosh your mom looks good for 80ish :)

Karen

Michelle said...

i love the women in your family! your mom is beautiful.

Jaime said...

I think it's so important to capture pics of our families, even if they don't want one! great job with these!

~JustJulie~ said...

So nice that you have family close by. That's one thing I really miss. I haven't lived in the same town as my parents or bothers in over 9 years (my entire married life). Closest I got was 1 1/2 hours away. Now, I'm the furthest, at over 10 hours away.

Mom2Drew said...

I like getting glimpses into your family, especially the one of your mom. She looks AMAZING!

oh, and that leaf in your banner is to DIE for...send one this way.

Nichole said...

What a beautiful family you have. I love all the pictures.

Lorrie said...

I love these shots and the way that each one is a different composition. well done!

Unknown said...

Love the picture of your great niece AND of your momma! Great shots!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....