Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Sep 14, 2007

We are so lucky to have such a wonderful place to go to. Our cottage, [camp] brings such peace and tranquility in our lives. When we're there, our hearts are content and free from worry.

The weather has been so cool this week, well below normal for this time of year. But even a bad day at camp is better than any day at home! It rained a few times, but we had lots of inside work to do. Our addition is almost complete and we opened up the wall between the main camp and the new room. It's awesome!

I did a lot of brushing again. Give me an axe and I go nuts. I love cutting dead branches and lower limbs on trees. It opens things up and looks so neat and tidy. [I think it's an OCD thing of mine.] Had a few campfires and burned some of the brush. But first I had to cut up all the pieces to just the right size. I'm picky about that.
And I'm so anal about things being out of place or untidy. I even pick up the acorns that fall because they're scattered all over the place like specks of dirt on a floor. If I could, I would even sweep the ground! That's another story though...

The water temperature has gotten too cold for swimming. Gracie only went in once, although it's probably fine for her - it's just that it was so rainy anyway. Doug jumped in after a sauna, but not me. I wasn't brave enough.

We went for a walk on the Shoe Tree Trail. I brought the GPS with me and then I marked the trail with fluorescent tape on branches. I'm usually pretty good with my internal compass and have a good sense of direction, but we often get turned around back on our trail. Now with the markers, it's easy! It's so pretty back there, deep in the woods. The leaves are just beginning to fall and the sun dapples through the trees in spots. It's so quiet back in the bush. Saw one partridge, but that's it!

So, we're back in town for a few days to get some more groceries and building supplies. Having high-speed internet here at home is SO nice after dealing with dial-up at camp. When I'm there I can't even check out the gallery at TwoPeas because photos take forever to upload!

Thanks for dropping by and for those of you that take the time to comment, I appreciate it!

**********

I took quite a few pics but none that I was overly thrilled with. I'm still struggling with my macro shots taken with my 100mm. I seem to have better success using it without the 1:1 adapter. Perhaps I need to use a tripod more, but I just hate lugging it around with me. This one was taken with that lens.




5 comments:

. said...

I don't know much about macro photography, but the colors are gorgeous and the frame looks perfect! When I've tried macro, I've found that a tripod is almost always necessary.

Trisha said...

Very pretty! And I'm with you...I could have SO many great photos, if I'd just use that darn tripod!

Deb said...

note to self: turn down volume when looking at your blog at midnight, lol. I was looking at the blogs, but not posting and I about jumped out of my chair. I didn't realize how loud my volume was.

I think it looks great.

Anonymous said...

So pretty Deb, I love the colors, great that you have a macro lens, and if you don't have one, consider the monopod to drag with you :)

I so want to be at your camp with you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Karen

Sara said...

I just love stopping in. I feel like I should have a cup of coffee with me though, when I visit.

I like the frame very much with the colors of your leaf. I have so little to say about macro- I just one too. Hey, we'll learn together.

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....