Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Sep 6, 2007

My FURRY Friends


Life just wouldn't be the same without the animals in my life!

First and foremost, our darling Vegas Grace [Gracie] who is our BEST friend! I don't have enough room in this post to brag about her!!



Then there's Finnigan [aka Mr. Finn, aka Finny], my daughter's cat. He just left our house to move in with her in her new apartment!! When he was a kitten, he and Gracie would cuddle and snooze together. They'd play fight and chase each other all over the house. So cute.

And this is Mally, my sister's Shitzu/Maltese. Mally is a little shy and insecure. She mostly sits on my sister's lap and watches life from up high!


This is Indy, DH's buddy's dog. Poor Indy had some issues as a young dog [snapping, biting, barking] but he's okay now! Whew.



Now, Spencer is a friends dog. He's old and crotchety. In the first minute he visited us at camp he chomped down on Gracie's nose, gave her a good bite as if to say, "this might be your place, but I'm boss around here." Poor Gracie, being the ever gentle soul she is didn't know what the heck was going on. Needless to say, she let him be boss and totally ignored him the rest of the weekend. He's actually a sweet dog - and still loves swimming, for hours!!!



Sadie-Lynn is Spencer's little [adopted] sister!! She doesn't like swimming so much.



*************************************
**************************
*******************

And I have been tagged to list 8 things that you might not know about me!

1. I once met Colin James. Doug and I took him to a lake for fishing. We enjoyed a BBQ together. Then I drove him to the airport after his gig. Very cool day.
2. I am ANAL about recycling. I will NOT throw anything away that belongs in the Blue Box.
3. I hardly ever wear socks. I hate how hot my feet get. Even in winter, I usually only wear moccasins inside, with no socks.
4. I hate white noise. I don't like the sound of fans, heaters, blowers, etc., or any noise that is persistent and steady. Drives me INSANE. I don't like listening to radios or music before bed either.
5. I have three tattoos. The initial 'D' right above my cleavage. A sun/star on the nape of my neck. A design on my right calf. I designed the first two and my daughters designed the other.
6. I desperately wanted a third child ... probably until only a few years ago!
7. I skipped Grade 2. Being a New Year's baby, I didn't start school until I was almost 6 years old. [There was no such thing as Junior K back in my day and you had to be 5 to start Kindergarten]
8. For as long as I remember I have had a secret desire to be a TV or Movie actress. hee hee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all for now! Thanks for visiting.


11 comments:

pat said...

Debb--Love all these dogs. I am a Dog Person; in fact, I know all the dogs in the neighborhood by name, but not all the owners. (I'd much rather talk to the furry people). This group looks like a lot of fun.

cherie said...

fun dog shots. which if they are like my dogs not easy to pulll off. you did well.

Kathy King Photographer said...

Debb you are one cool person. Great little details about yourself. I also can not stand white noise. Love your dog shots and the stories that went with them.

Deb said...

I love all the doggies! They are great! I love the stories you tell with your pictures.

I'll have to get some pictures up of my fur kids. I have four of 'em.

Cindi Koceich said...

Awww...what sweet animals! I love how you described each one of them!!!

Mom2Drew said...

Oh, just LOVE the animals in your life...makes me really want a dog now.

April Ziegler said...

I'm so happy to see that you posted pet pics today too! =) They're so cute. I'm going to have to check out Gracie's page!

Lorrie said...

aww... I loved looking at your furbabies and reading about them. Love the old crotchety description!! Nice shots!

Anonymous said...

tvcycqmuOMG...love the animal shots. Gracie is the most beautiful by far =).

Anonymous said...

OMG Debb, I can so relate to your info, I've met Colin James as well, I told ya we are 2 peas in a pod.

The one that really really caught my eye:

"Wanting to be an actress" nobody knows that about me, so cool girl :)

You also know the story about wanting another baby as well, which did happen, just 12 yrs later lol.

Karen

bprincephoto said...

TFS both the dog pictures and the tag game. I

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....