Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Oct 5, 2007

Decisions, decisions...

I get tired of my furniture very quickly. In the 29 years of our marriage, D & I have had 7 different living room sets. That's an average change of 1 in 4.2 years!!
I've gone from plush to pastel, from plain to plaid, from sofa-bed to reclining. Looking back, I have to wonder 'what was I thinking?' I guess at the time, I thought I had made a sound choice.
When I get a new sofa, I LOVE it. I sit in it, I read in it, I admire it. But after a short time, I don't care if I eat food on it, or drink red wine on it. Then I get to the point where I start trying to disguise it with throws or pillows!
I also have a bad habit of changing the layout of my furniture. I do this pretty often. I get tired of the same ol' and need to rearrange things. DH has to laugh, he'll come home from work and find things anew once again.
Well, I'm at that stage again. We're looking for new furniture and it's so HARD!! We just brought our old loveseat to the cottage. The sofa is going to go in our rec-room in the basement. The old cart we were using as a coffe table also went to camp, so at the moment my living room has a recliner, a TV cabinet and the dog's bed!! I need to find something new soon.
I've been to every [affordable] furniture store in town, twice and three times! I keep going back to McQueens. They have the nicest selection. But that's the problem - I like so much! So now I have to decide what is going to suit me best for the next, oh, 4.2 years.
We've got a traditional dining room set in a dark walnut colour. I think I'd like to match something with that. I'd like to get two love seats and one recliner. Maybe an accent colour like dark burgundy for the lamps and recliner.
Oh, the decisions.....
This is the one I'm leaning towards now, [but in loveseat, not sofa]....

What do you think??

4 comments:

Heather Taylor Photography said...

oooh, pretty!! That looks a LOT like one my MIL has- it's very comfy and extra long- looks like a good choice! :)

Joanne Fowler said...

Ooo, pretty! You're making me want to get new furniture!

Sara said...

Laughing here- new? I currently am sitting on my MIL's old set that was in their apartment in Florida. Yup, big WHITE sofa and loveseat. With two kids and two kittens. But the only time we've had matching furniture in our home in 11 years!

Right now, I'm really in to BOLD- so I can't really weigh in. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You sound just like my mother changing furniture girl lol.

I love anything burgundy, and we got a reclining sofa and loveseat in leather, absolutely love it and would buy another in a second :)

Karen

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....