Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Oct 5, 2007

It's Thanksgiving weekend and I love turkey!
We're having our turkey dinner at the cottage on Sunday. Fourteen of our family and friends will be joining us and the forecast is for WARM temps!! I can't wait.
My little oven at camp isn't very reliable, temperature wise, so I didn't want to take any chances in ruining a turkey so I'm cooking a 15 lb one here at home today. It smells heavenly in here right now. I'll slice it all up here, then wrap it nice and tightly. Then on Sunday I'll warm it up slowly just before we eat. I'll do the potatoes there. I think I'll mash up a sweet potato with the spuds this year and whip them with lots of butter! Mmmm. My sister is bringing her famous buttery, candied carrots. Others are bringing more veggies, V8 juice and snacks. My girls are bringing a bottle of Chai liqueur. That should go nicely with the Pumpkin Crappe dessert I'm going to make. I also bought the cutest little, tiny apples [Paula Red] that I'll be making Candy Apples with for everyone!
I'm hoping to have a campfire where we'll roast some marshmallows and make banana boats!
If the weather holds out, I'd like to set up the table outside. It'll be so nice to enjoy our meal in such peaceful surroundings. There are hardly any people on the lake this time of year, so it's the breeze, some birds and us!! Just hope the smell of the turkey and fixings don't attract any unwanted critters!!


4 comments:

pat said...

Debb--I got hungry just READING about your feast, and then I saw your story board. MMMM. And to have it Up NOrth, too--perfect!! When I was growing up, my mom had extended family in Newmarket. We would go there for Canadian Thanksgiving, and they would come to the States for ours in November.

Lorrie said...

I drooling... seriously DROOLING. I want to live near the border and have 2 Thanksgivings a year! hehe.
I love the storyboard, looks great. Never heard of using pantyhose, but it sounds like it would work great. YUM!

Mom2Drew said...

Wow...you sure have a way of describing food...I'm extremely hungry for sweet potatoes right now. I could not imagine a warm Thanksgiving, so interesting. have a great weekend with family/friends, it's what it's all about.

Anonymous said...

Wow that sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving Debb, wish I could have joined you :(

The menu sounded delicious, thanks for making me hungry@#@#$

Karen

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....