Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Mar 16, 2007

The Coldest day of the year!

After almost a week of above temps, we have very little snow left! YAY!
For several weeks I had a mini-shoot planned for some time in the March break. The young girl I was going to take pics of is a student of my daughter`s at her dance studio. This was to be a portfolio-building session for me and GREAT practice because I rarely get a chance to photograph people!!
Turns out that yesterday was the only day that worked for both me and her mom. And what happens?? The temps drop OVER 20 degrees in one day! That's Northern Ontario for ya!

We drove to Lake Laurentian Conservation area with hopes of taking some shots by the lake and on the trail. We only made it as far as the chalet because it was just SOOOOOOoooo darn cold outside. Luckily, the chalet had some neat surroundings for pics. I took a few pics of K in her coat, hat and mitts. By this time my hands and fingers were already starting to feel the bite of the cold. My DD's feet were in rubber boots [she thought it wasn't that cold out at first] and they were numb. K's mom was doing her best to cover up her daughter in between shots!

Young K brought several really cute outfits to change-up, but all she could manage was to ADD layers! I managed to find an area by the chalet out of the wind, so we did the remainder of the shots there. I can't tell you how COLD my cheeks and fingers were. OMG, so cold. The windchill was -26º C although the actual temp was only about -5º. Why is it that in the spring, when there's hardly any snow left, the wind just bites??

Well, enough of my whining. I'm only going to post a few pics because I haven't gotten the signed release back yet from the mom. Any HHCC would be appreciated as this was my first ever mini shoot for someone other than my own girls! I set custom WB and did my best at metering. I'd appreciate any feedback! Hopefully, I'll be able to post a few more!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have fun camping!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....