Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Mar 12, 2007

Colours of the Cottage

I really don't have a favourite colour. Well, I like red for my cottage decor. I like turquoise because it's Retro and I like to wear earth tones. Pastel yellow is awesome, but I could never wear it. I generally don't like green unless it's khaki. Can't stand blue vehicles but I don't mind a nice navy piece of clothing. Brown is one of my more likeable colours too! Orange is pretty cool too, but only for specific things.

Went to the camp yesterday to bring daughter #2 and her boyfriend. They're staying there for the March Break if they don't get flooded out first! The weather is so mild that the snow on the lake is turning to slush and there are puddles all over. The fish shacks are going to have to taken out soon or they will get frozen solid into the ice if it turns cold again.

Took a few pics with my Tamron 70-300. I'm not really used to this lens yet. I found a few of my pics turned out a little dark. Not sure if I have to do some EV adjusting or different metering. Practice, practice I guess.

So, here's a few from the cottage. The colours of the outdoors. Thanks for looking~! Don't be shy, leave me a comment - even HHCC is welcome, or just say Hi to tell me you popped in.

Bird House


Gracie's Toy. This is hung from a tree. She can play tug-o-war with it any time she wants!


We have these Hemlock trees all over the property. I love these trees.


Mighty Pine - cone!


There's nothing like a roasted weiner over an open fire. Mmmmmm. [Not sure what I was focused on in this shot - but it still looks yummy, right?]

5 comments:

Krissynae said...

Great photos. Love the pine cone shots. The tub ball is too funny. Great shot

Lorrie said...

I love the color of nature too. I use a lot of neutrals and jewel tones in my scrapping. Anyway, great shots!

Amanda said...

Love the variety here! Great Job!

Team Design-Bytes said...

Spring.... I think it's here... is it there? I'm really envious that you have a cabin you escape too at will. I'm not a "camp" type person but if I were.............. I'd have my camera with me all the time. I love the light on some of your subjects here!
-K

Sara said...

GREAT colors!
Love the bird house and tree pics- and LOL at the toy and weiner ones. You always make me smile when I read your posts.

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....