Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Mar 15, 2007

My Goof-up

For my Cameras on the Rocks photo club, our assignment was to take photos in/of a cemetary. I had two weeks to do the work, but did I use my time wisely? Umm - no! On the last day, DH and I went to our cottage and I knew of a cemetary on the way. He had to run a errand first so I went to the cemetary and shot away. Whoo-hoo, I was all excited because I got some really great shots. There were some old wooden crosses with just a painted name on it, there were dried up floral arrangements, snow and shadows and some really neat colours.
So, we're now on our way to camp and I decided to take a peek at the photos, aniticipating some really great results. UGH, NO. I shot them ALL at 3200 ISO...in bright sun! I was not surprised that I did that, but I was so angry with myself. I had taken dance photos the night before in a low-lit studio and I totally forgot to reset my ISO.
Anyhoo, to make a long story short, I managed to get back and retake the photos, but they really didn't turn out that great. The sun and shadows weren't in the same place and there was just no oomph to them.
However, I decided to play with one of the overexposed shots and I really liked the results.
Here's the colour of my error!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Too sad. I've done that too- it's so frustrating.
That being said, I like the funky edit- though just a thought, you may want to crop in a little closer to lose the bright white empty lower right corner. Since there's no detail, it doesn't seem you need it, kwim?
I'd love to see you try it again!

Mom2Drew said...

It looks pretty cool, like the coloring here, adds interest.

Unknown said...

I like your edit. It has a fun, urban feel to it. Very cool. TFS

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....