Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Mar 10, 2007

My daughter, the Dance Teacher!

Daughter L teaches modern dance. She wanted me to take pics at one of her rehearsals for the big earthdancers show**. First time I've used the Pentax in this situation. Really had to bump up the ISO to 800 & 1600 for some. Ran them through Noiseware, but I'm generally pleased. All of them hand held, natural light, Av mode around f 4-5. No signed releases, so the faces are blocked.

A faster lens would have been SO much nicer! Perhaps a fixed aperture one or a variable? I'm so lens-challenged! Any suggestions?
Tell me what you think!


**p.s. Those are my pics on the earthdancers website!









9 comments:

AmyC said...

Wow! What fun shots! Love the perspective on a lot of these, especially the first one! :-) They look great!

(Oh...and I haven't got that Pentax remote in the mail yet, but I'm going to! Promise.)

Ingrid said...

I don't know about lenses either but I do know that the pictures in b + w are very cool shots.

Michelle said...

very nice shots! the angles are great and i love your conversions!

Dar Kaso said...

Great captures.

Sara said...

Hey, Debb!
I like this as a series. My favorite is the second one- I like the perspective and the lovely soft, muted coloring.
I like your conversions, too.

Joanne Fowler said...

I love the B&W photos!

Mom2Drew said...

I think the conversions in these looks good. I don't know anything about Pentax lenses so I'm no help, but...don't see a ton of noise eventhuough you had to up the ISO quite high. What little noise there is, really seems to enhance these particular shots. Nice job.

Krissynae said...

What great shots. Love the different positions. Great job

Lorrie said...

great pictures. Looks like you really got right down there to get those shots! I like the conversions too!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....