Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

May 16, 2007

Mamma's Sparkles


My mother was born and raised in Arnhem, The Netherlands. She was the only girl in the family with 5 brothers. She enjoyed doing crafty things and I guess that's where my creative and artistic side is from. She went on to go to school to be a Seamstress! Who does that anymore?

When my mom was around 9 years old, she would play with these sparkles. That makes them about 74 years old! Some of them are super-fine, almost like the finest of powders. Others looks like tiny little pieces of thread. I'm not even sure what they're made of. I wouldn't be surprised if some are of toxic substances!

When I was little, I would beg my mom to use them. She would never let me. I don't know why!! I'm glad she didn't, because now I have the bottles on display in my keepsake case. I love these little bottles!

4 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

These are some awesome keepsakes...love the effect you've done on your photos too:) Oh, and your post from yesterday is heartwarming. I really like the way you chose to put the heart in the frame.

Sara said...

These are great teasures. I'd love to make up some great stories about the magical properties contained within- opening and using them would unleash their inherent mystical powers... I think it's the cool action you used on them :)

Sue said...

Wow - that is really really cool! I love the first shot. I wish I had something that cool to share and show - or even give to my little ones when they are grown with families of their own. What a wonderful story too ---- dont' open them ;)

Dar Kaso said...

What a great story behind the bottles, love the mystery that you don't know what is in them, kind of magical. Fabulous shot of your treasure.

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....