Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

May 13, 2007

The Midway




Each May, our city hosts the midway. It used to be here for only 3 days, but now it's here for a full week. I think they had to extend the time because e-v-e-r-y single year it would RAIN!! I mean it, it never failed!
I LOVE carnivals. I LOVE the rides. Unfortunately, because of my new illness, I feel that I couldn't handle the rides. I am SO disappointed! I'm a ride junkie and it killed me not to buy tickets for the Tilt-a-Whirl, Typhoon and others. I might have been able to handle the Ferris Wheel, but if I couldn't do the others I didn't want to do that one!
I did buy a nice, juicy, red candy apple! Mmmm, I could eat an apple a day that way!
I wanted to get some night shots with my new lens, but I think I went too early. It was dusk, but still too light. I should try and get back there after sunset before the show leaves. I'm still learning with this new lens and I wasn't sure where to set the Aperture. I was also surprised that at dusk, I didn't have to bump up my ISO from 200 at all.
Here's a few shots that didn't turn out too bad.

4 comments:

Patti said...

I really like these. Especially #2. The colour of the sky is great. IKWYM about the rides - I used to love them, but now I think they would do dreadful things to the pressure in my head - jumping on a trampoline gives me a thumping headache. :(

Michelle said...

love the colors on these! i think you did a great job

Sara said...

I like your timing though. The lights are still in full glory, but you can get a feel for where the carnival is set up too. I'm a ride junkie too! I'm sorry you had to miss out this year.

Trisha said...

Those are some pretty cool shots! Great captures!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....