Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

May 8, 2007

My new [to me] lens


I've only had my K100 for 4 months. Through winter, being sick, cold and rainy April and totally losing my Mojo, I had been aching to try something new with my camera. I had read somewhere that Pentax cameras were compatible with Ricoh lenses. Now, backtrack a little... my daughter was given an old film SLR almost a year ago, with two lenses. She had tried to use it but it proved to be difficult to figure out and her pictures were awful. She put the camera back in the bag and there it stayed until one day a light bulb went off in my head! It's a Ricoh camera!! So I dug out one of the lenses the other day and put it on my Pentax. It fit!! First success! I had NO idea how to use an old fully manual lens. I asked a few questions over on the Pentax Forums and at 2Peas and got some info. To make a long story short, I kinda got it to work! From what I can tell it's a 50mm 2.0 lens. [the identifying info is missing off the lens, so I had to guess]. I'm loving the Bokey [as Volt says!] It's going to be a challenge and hopefully a lot of fun practicing more with this lens. And since the 50mm M 1.7 lens I ordered should be in in the next few days, I'll have had some practice using a manual lens!!
It was crazy windy yesterday so I'm not sure if that's why the focus is a bit off or if it's because of my old eyes! They are indeed old and worn and tired!!!
Here's my favourite of the bunch of pics I took. The 'x' you see is where I tried to set my focus. Let's say it was the wind that made it wonky. There, WIND - that qualifies as weather, right???

1 comment:

Michelle said...

well i definitely like the bokeh you got with this lens. and yes, it looks like your focus didn't fall where you set it. looks like its more to the right. but i love the color of this! keep having fun with that lens!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....