Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

May 5, 2007

My Poetry

When I was eleven years old, I wrote my first poem. I can't recall what inspired me or why I decided that it was time to try my hand at poetry, but the rest is history.
I wrote a lot back in the day. SO many during my teen years - hmm, wonder why? I wrote mostly free verse until I was in my mid- twenties when I discovered how fun it is to rhyme! I've tried Haiku, but didn't really care for it. Lately, I haven't written too much. I guess I just haven't been inspired! This alphabet poem was written in '94 for a class I was taking. The whole poem consists of 26 words, each one starting with each letter of the alphabet. This poem was published in a Anthology. Sounds more impressive than it is. I PAID to have it printed! Ha ha. Looks cool though to see my name in print though.
I've won a few contests with my poetry as well as two for story writing.
My inspiration has been Rod McKuen, Emily Dickenson and my favourite of ALL TIME, Desiderata, by Max Ehrmann.

6 comments:

Sara said...

I'm loving you blog. Somehow I've missed several of your past posts. I'm so sorry to hear you have been sick. I hope that you are doing better.
My dd and I just sat and watched your slideshow- you have some lovely images. It's cool to have your poem published- even if you paid for it. I enjoyed reading it.

Michelle said...

love your poem! how great that you're still writing.

Anna said...

I love this post! The photo of the poem is great...as well as the poem itself...

Mom2Drew said...

Another talent, very cool. I can appreciate poetry, but have no skill when it comes to actualy composing one

Heather Tracy Photography said...

Poetry, its like a lost art. :)

Sarah said...

Love the poem! And the photo of it!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....