Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

May 21, 2007

My favourite friend!


Meet Vegas Grace! Gracie is 3 years old and she thinks she's human. I'm serious. I swear if you told her she was a dog she'd be shocked!!
She is lazy and laid back, but when she plays she's like a little puppy again.
Her favourite toy is a stuffed Donkey [with all the stuffing taken out.]
She also likes her Kong, her ball and chewy bones.
She likes to play/fight with my daughter's cat, Finnigan.
She loves to chase squirrels and chipmunks.
She gives kisses.
She knows several tricks: sit, lie down, roll over, spin around, shake a paw, high five, high ten, dead dog, under the bridge, through the hoop and look at Gracie in the mirror!!
She loves the hairblower and whenever we are drying our hair, she bounds into the bathroom to have hers done too.
She loves scented shampoos, lotions, etc. and if you smell pretty, she'll rub all over you!!
She LOVES peanut butter, but since she's become a Vegan [she's allergic to meat protein] we had to stop giving it to her.
She loves going to camp. Especially because she gets to sleep on the couch there. She also love swimming - for 10-20 minutes at a time! She'll jump off the dock on command!
She is very intellegent.
She is allowed on only one chair in our house. That's the lazy boy. But only if someone is in it too.
She is sensitive and kind. You can cuddle with her and she'll soak up all the loving you can give her.
She is prone to ear infections and skin rashes. I can clean her ears and administer drops and lotions and she'll just lay there and accept treatment without fear.
She loves to be vacuumed.
Can you tell that we love our dog???
You'll see more of Gracie this week!

9 comments:

Joanne Fowler said...

Love this shot! Pretty doggie & nice journaling!

Mom2Drew said...

I LOVE the fact that you LOVE your Grace so much!!!! What great journaling, i learned so much about Grace in your post, can't wait to see some more.

Michelle said...

nice to meet you Gracie! you sound like one neat dog...and your photograph beautifully!

Heather said...

Awww... That was so sweet, I think I'm gonna cry. She sounds like the coolest dog ever:)

Jan said...

Love the photo and the journaling!!She sounds like a great dog and you can see how much she is loved. I really like your composition on this one--I can totally see your use of rule of thirds. (I have a strong tendency to place everything right in the middle and I'm trying very hard to break that habit!)
TFS

Trisha said...

Such a sweetie! I just want to give her snuggles and hugs!

Heather Tracy Photography said...

Awww, what a lovable dog! :)

Team Design-Bytes said...

Debb-
email me, I have some files for you!
-Kaz

Anonymous said...

What a super nice shot of your Gracie Debb!!!!!!!

Hope your feeling better girl.

Karen

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....