Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Feb 19, 2007

I need three hands -- Part II !!









Finally had enough energy to go out for a walk. Took the dog in the bush again. Oh geez. My face was freezing, my fingers were freezing. I had the camera tucked into my jacket and pulled it out for the shots. The dog was bouncing all over the place {so happy to finally be outside!] I couldn't wait to get back home. I thought I had learned my lessons the last time:
1. don't bring camera when walking alone with the dog
2. bring hubby on walks so he can hold the leash
3. get warmer gloves
4. wear a cap to stop the glaring sun from my eyes
5. have newly charged batteries in the camera [THIS I remembered!]
6. find third hand

These last two shots are of the skating path on Lake Ramsey. Not too many people out on it this day, too cold I guess. Gracie stood on the cliff and barked and barked and barked at everyone across the lake. On the left, you can see the Boardwalk. First winter ever that I've not seen snow on the path. It's so weird. We only have about 6" of snow. We usually have several FEET by this time! Forecast calls for a few centimetres today. Hope it blows over. I'm loving this snowless winter -- not the COLD, but the lack of snow.
What I have to figure out is how come my camera chose an ISO of 800 [too cold to use Manual, so I had it set on Auto] for these shots! It was SUNNY outside!! ?????

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Nice shots. When you find that third hand, let me know. I could use one too.

barb said...

Great shots! Good luck finding a hat that won't interfer with looking through the viewfinder but still shading your eyes. ;D

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....