Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Feb 28, 2007

My Morning Latté

My morning latté is definitely all about me!

I can't remember when it was when I first tasted a true latté. Not those oversweetened packaged things or the ones from the machine at Timmie's...I mean the real espresso ones. Mmmmmmm-mmmm-mmmm.

I think the first specialty coffee I tried was in Toronto at a Second Cup Café. I ordered a medium cappuccino, not really knowing what to expect. It was good, but there was too much foam for my taste. Not knowing any better, I continued to order caps like that. I was an espresso newbie back in the day.

Fast forward several years....... I experimented with caps and lattés, [I sound like some sort of addict don't I?!] By this time we had a few Second Cup Cafés here in town and they enlightened me to the fact that I could request my lattés without foam! Now, that was better! So, each time I was in the mall, I would treat myself to a delicious latté.





After a few years of that I realized that I sure would enjoy a latté every morning...in my own house! DH bought me an espresso machine for Christmas one year. It was the steam operated type. Well, after a few near burns and explosions, I realized that the steam machine was an accident waiting to happen. I returned it and bought a Pump driven espresso machine. I still have that machine today. It's about 15 years old. I have replaced only one part in all these years.





I even became a certified Barrista when I went to work at Second Cup! I worked there for over four years and because we were allowed as many free drinks as we wanted, I got to learn how to make my lattés just the way I like them. Double shot, non fat, no foam, extra-extra hot!




Now that the Second Cups in town have closed down [BOO to Tim Horton's for being such a bully] we treat ourselves to Starbucks once in a while, but I still use my trusty Briel espresso machine every day!!!

6 comments:

Sue said...

I really like the picture you have with the latte in the pot (next to last) I don't drink coffe and tried a latte once (I think) - I am a total hot chocoalte devotee ;) This week is so much fun learning about everyone!

jen said...

Great shot. I would love to have that cup in my hands right now. Yum. Those last 2 shots just invite me right in.

~*Steffie*~ said...

I like the next to last photo. I'm a Maxwell house girl..lol. I just got hooked on Starbucks a few years ago and haven't ventured past java chip fraps yet.

Mom2Drew said...

I WISH I could have one of those...you made it look amazing! I love the close up of the top. I'm with you though...really like the plain lattes (with exception of anything peppermint) Now I'm off to make some coffee, dreaming of a latte.

Sara said...

Yup, I'm off to have a yumy Chai tea before bed- so I can sleep- but man, your latte looks great! You canmake my morning cup "wake me up" any time you want!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that looks good.

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....