Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Feb 1, 2007

100 MORE things about ME!

I promise this is it. I won't bore you with 100 MORE after this~!
I found this quite a challenge [and I love challenges]. It was actually interesting to learn more about myself as I was writing these down. I made it a goal to keep writing and writing until I had written 100 more things. It wasn't hard until I got to about # 65. Then things started to slow down.
________________________________
Leave me a link to your 100 list. I'd love to learn more about YOU!

_________________________________



1. I wish I wasn’t such so shy as a youngster and teenager.
2. If someone were to buy me flowers, I wouldn’t want roses. I like daisies, Gerbera daisies, lilacs, freesias and baby’s breath.
3. One of my favourite smells is fresh air.
4. If I had a choice I would never, ever exercise, but I go to the gym to stay healthy. I do love going on hikes, though.
5. I have no interest in Politics. At all.
6. I tend to complete my chores/errands/things-to-do if I write a list.
7. I LOVE a good challenge.
8. I am not a follower. I like to be unique. I actually enjoy being the nonconformist!
9. I’m not phobic, but I don’t like sleeping with the bedroom door closed.
10. I really regret losing touch with one of the best friends I ever had.
11. My husband is such a charmer. He warms my heart and makes me giggle.
12. I can fall asleep just about anywhere. Anywhere.
13. I am very optimistic
14. I love to go to restaurants for dinner. I would do it every night if I could afford it, and if it was healthy!
15. I love, love, love hot, hazy summer days.
16. I make my own espresso. I make a latte every morning.
17. I can go to bed without washing my face, but I HAVE to brush my teeth.
18. I can pick up almost anything with my toes!
19. I am blessed with a fast metabolism
20. I would love to have a male, Gay best friend.
21. I don’t want to go back to work.
22. I love raw cookie dough and cake batter.
23. My mom “lost” me once. She found me in my Oma’s chicken coop! I was two.
24. I love my dog.
25. I used to read Rod McKuen poems a lot when I was a teenager.
26. I’m not a music fanatic, but I do have eclectic tastes.
27. I prefer white cake with white icing to chocolate. Unless it’s my mother-in-law’s chocolate cake!
28. I took Drum kit lessons for six months when I was 40 years old. I had wanted to play drums ever since I remember. I got it out of my system!
29. My husband threw me a surprise party for my 40th birthday.
30. I have had people stop me to tell me I look like Lea Thompson, the actress!
31. As a child, I would cry when I saw a dog-sled team. I thought they were being mistreated. I could NOT ever watch the movie ‘Eight Below’.
32. I absolutely am a huge fan of the Harry Potter books and movies.
33. I like the number13.
34. I once stuck my finger in a light socket to see if it was ‘on’!
35. I wish I had the money to decorate my house the way I’d like to.
36. I once ate 6 hot dogs for dinner.
37. My feet are not ticklish
38. Right this second I crave a Dairy Queen chocolate-covered cherries Blizzard
39. I hate taking showers. I find it such a chore. I DO though!!
40. I don’t have a dishwasher, never have had one and I don’t want one either.
41. I am so disappointed that Arrested Development was cancelled.
42. I have great handwriting.
43. It bothers me when I hear numbers said wrong. I was taught that you’re supposed to say ‘one hundred seventy four’ – not ‘one hundred AND seventy four’!
44. One of my biggest peeves is rude salespeople. Especially if they don’t KNOW what they’re doing!
45. I get migraines. I don’t get as many as I used to.
46. I am not allergic to anything, but I have a slight sensitivity to walnuts. They make my mouth hurt.
47. My mother is a war bride. Before my dad passed away, they were married for 57 years.
48. I am a really good cook – but I hate cooking!
49. I felt so alive and healthy and energetic when I was pregnant.
50. I absolutely love silence.
51. I make simple sacrifices. Little things – like eating the apple with the bruise on it because nobody else will; or letting someone else take the last piece of pie, even though I haven’t had a piece yet; or giving up my comfy seat so someone else can sit down.
52. I almost never wear a watch.
53. I work best under pressure. Some of my most successful projects were completed in the ‘nick of time’.
54. My dream job would be a Camp Counselor
55. I have Central Serrous Retinopathy in my left eye. I only see peripherally.
56. I skipped Grade 2.
57. I wish my hubby liked to cook. I would rather eat a bad meal made by someone else than a good one that I had to cook myself!
58. One of the grossest odours is the smell of peanut butter in dishwater. Ew.
59. I have 5 televisions, 4 telephones, 2 DVD players, 2 computers and 2 VCRs.
60. I enjoy playing Sudoku.
61. I have two scars. One is from a cut I got when I bent over and hit my forehead on an old metal bed frame at Brownie camp. It bled profusely, but it didn’t hurt at all. The other is from my Cesarean sections.
62. I faithfully wear sunscreen. I love the look of a deep tan, but I’m afraid of skin damage. I often use a self tanner.
63. I can’t stand it when a cupboard door is left open.
64. I have short stubby fingers. I wish they were long and slender.
65. If I could afford cosmetic surgery, I would like a tummy tuck, eyelid lift and chin lift.
66. Once I get up in front of people and speak into a microphone, I love the feeling and it’s hard to shut me up!! Otherwise, I’m pretty quiet and shy!
67. I am an amazing harmonizer! I can harmonize to almost any song. I find it difficult to sing the melody.
68. I would like to have a Scooter, but I’m very afraid of motorcycles.
69. I don’t have a favourite colour, but I tend to buy a lot of RED things for my cottage and a lot of brown/earthy-tones clothing for myself.
70. I love shopping at thrift shops and yard sales.
71. I just got my hair cut. I miss my long hair already!
72. I am not a trendy person, and I swore I would never follow the CROCS revolution. But I have to admit, I LOVE my imitation Crocs that I bought for only $6 a pair! I have white, yellow and orange!
73. I am always hungry.
74. I used to teach fitness classes. I was a certified Aerobics instructor. I enjoyed teaching beginners or seniors. I worked in two different gyms and taught night school classes.
75. I used to work in a flower shop. I can design all kinds of floral arrangements.
76. I don’t wear my contacts anymore. I’m so used to my glasses now.
77. I performed on stage in ‘Evita’ and ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat’
78. I was the Producer for ‘Footloose’ and ‘Wizard of Oz’
79. I coached girls softball for seven years.
80. I am intrigued by forensics
81. I went to Disney World twice and I wasn’t thrilled.
82. I don’t like many Reality shows. I do watch Dancing With the Stars because my husband likes it. I enjoy So You Think you Can Dance.
83. I rarely win anything.
84. I hate to see money spent on extravagant celebrations. I always think about how so many people in the world are in poverty.
85. I would like to have a chauffeur. I hate driving.
86. I have to eat breakfast. No matter what time I get up in the morning, eating is the first thing I do.
87. I get grumpy when I can’t eat when I’m hungry. I often carry a meal replacement bar in my purse.
88. Sometimes I can be a pushover.
89. But… sometimes I’ll fight until I get my way. Especially with store clerks who just don’t listen!!!
90. I love hardware stores and stationary stores!
91. I still have my Barbie collection. I wasn’t into ‘dolls’, but I loved my Barbies!! Barbie, Ken, Midge, 2 Skippers, Scooter, Casey, Alan, Ricky, Tutti and various original outfits, accessories and case.
92. When I was a young girl, I preferred to play with building sets, cars and racing sets.
93. I am an artist.
94. I can make a delicious pot of soup out of almost anything – without a recipe!
95. I love to watch my daughters dance.
96. My husband learned to play guitar when he was 30 years old. He is an amazing guitarist. I admire his talent and his dedication.
97. I absolutely hate getting the hiccups. I get angry when I do!
98. I keep a daily journal. I’ve been doing it since 1990. I also record the weather each day!
99. I love chocolate.
100. I am happy!

No comments:

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....