Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Feb 26, 2007

My Weekend at the Cottage













I guess if I'm to stick to the POTD theme, I would say that my cottage says a lot about me. Outdoors, peace, fresh air and contentment surround me when I'm there. And of course, my family!!

Both daughters and their boyfriends spent the day with us. We had a campfire outside and roasted weiners and Kolbassa. Did a little ice fishing - no bites. The best event was our annual Ski-bogging fun. We hook up the water-ski rope to the back of the snowmobile, hop on the toboggan and go for a ride! WHEEEEEEeeeeee! Too fun. Safety is always at the top of the priority list, so helmets are worn by all and speed is kept to a comfortable pace.

It was also M's 24th birthday on Saturday, which made it an even more special day!

Gracie couldn't sleep in her usual spot, so we let her sleep on the lazyboy on her doggie bed. What a lazy a$$ dog!!...and SPOILED!

And that's ME in the fur hat [from the thrift shop -- I would NOT, EVER buy fur new - ONLY used] and the retro 1970's Skidoo suit!

I am really pleased with the shots I got this weekend. It's the first time I've really been able to snap away while outdoors because it's been so cold.

What do you think of these? HHCC always appreciated, or just leave a comment!

5 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

Love that you got your hat from the thrift store! I liked reading your blog today, made me smile from ear to ear! i love the snow, will miss it when it's gone. Wish I had a cottage to go to when I wanted to get away. We are going skiing in a few weeks and I'm thrilled! Anyway...looks like you are having fun, great series of photos and perfect for the challenge this week!! Can't wait to see more.

Sue said...

Oh what fun! I lovet he 4th and 5th pictures down on the left. I am so much not a cold fan - so you won'tcatch me out there, although you've inspired me - this looks like too much fun!

Team Design-Bytes said...

Just popped in to say that there is some nice Bokeh going on in these!!! GREAT job.
-K

Teresa said...

Looks like you all had a fantastic time. Oh, the scrapping possibilities!

nomo wino daph said...

How much fun!! These pics are great, TFS!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....