Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Feb 15, 2007

My Trip



We're going to North Bay today to pick up M. She's done school for now and will be coming back home for 4 weeks to do another placement. This time she'll be at Lockerby High School. She has a lot of stuff to bring back home and it would have been too difficult for her to take the bus. Her boyfriend, J and two other friends will be joining us for the weekend. Another full house! I enjoy having company, but I've been so darn sick lately with a relentless upset stomach that I hope I feel up to it.

Last time we took a ride to North Bay, I brought the new camera and took a few shots. After getting back home, I realized I had the ISO on 800+ the whole time! Aggh. So right now, I'm going to check all the camera settings before I pack up my bag. And I have to put new batteries in too. The other day at my Photography Club meeting, I was trying an experiment with my camera and the batteries dies. Duh.

So my goal is to take at least one picture today worth posting. Stay tuned.

ETA - Well, easier said than done. I counted at least 20 fine photo ops, but I just wasn't able to capture them. Whizzing down the highway at 100km/hr isn't the best for shooting. Auto focus is fast, but not that fast! If I had asked DH to stop every time I saw something I wanted to shoot would have had us pulling off the highway every 4 minutes! Couldn't do that either because: 1. We didn't have all day. 2. It wouldn't have been safe screeching to a halt when I yelled, "STOP NOW!"
Add to that I still feel like crap, so I really didn't want to get out of the car to move around.
So with that said, I have come to the conclusion that:
I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can get outside and take more pics.
I can't wait for spring so I can get outside and take more pics.
I can't wait till I feel better so I can get outside and take more pics.
I can't wait till I'm out of this photo slump so I can get outside and take more pics.

DH stopped at a few motorcycle shops so while I waited in the car, I took a few shots. Here's the best of a dozen or so - all taken from the front seat of the van!!!





No comments:

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....