Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Feb 7, 2007

My Daily Entertainment

At least once a day, Gracie decides it's time to play with Finnigan, the cat. Usually, Finnigan is sound asleep on Gracie's bed when she decides it's time to play. Hmmm, maybe it's not so much play time as 'get-the-heck-off-MY-bed time!'

Gracie starts the game by slapping her paws onto Finnigan. When Finn was younger, he was gung-ho to return the slaps and so the game was on. These days, Finny has gotten quite miserable and ornery and doesn't think the game is so fun. The cat gets this look on his face that clearly says, "back off or you'll be sorry, missy!" Being the ever playful, fun-loving dog she is, Gracie doesn't get the hint and just wants to play - kinda like clueless Odie from Garfield! She snorts and chortles with mouth open and nose crinkled up! Even after a few claws stuck in her eyebrow or snout or lips, she keeps coming back for more!

Finnigan s-l-o-w-l-Y stalked Gracie, ears back, eyes glaring. His bottom jaw quivered as he smacked his lips and in a final jesture of irritation, he pounced right on her head and ran away!

I really have to practice more with action shots. My ISO was too high and of course I didn't use a tripod for these. I tried to capture the emotion in their 'fight', but this is the best I could get!!

THE APPROACH


THE FIRST MOVE


THE COUNTER ATTACK


THE WARNING


THE STANDOFF [aka, The Cat WON]

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is hilarious. If we had a dog inside, I'm sure that's what my cat would do, too!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....