Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Jul 9, 2007

Bowling Shoes




My dad loved bowling. I remember when I was very young, [under 10 yrs] my parents would often take me with them to the bowling alley for their weekly league games. It was such a loud place, but oh, so cool! I don't remember what I did while they bowled, but I still have vivid memories of that Alley. My parents didn't bowl for many years then got back into it after they retired and joined a senior's league
After Dad got cancer of the sinus, he had a tough time with surgeries. You might remember a previous post of mine where I mentioned that he wore a prosthetic nose. He still bowled after that for another year or two. Then both of them just stopped.
When Dad passed away, I got one of his bowling balls with his name engraved in it.
These are his shoes from w-a-y back!!!
I've got them on my wall in my office, which is decorated retro style. The big blue bowling ball isn't his - just a yard sale find!!

8 comments:

Erika said...

Cool, I love that first pic! Great DOF, and you've had great shoe pics, it's been a hard theme for me, nothing but family shoes that are all worn out, I'll have to look harder for inspiration! And you mentioned you wanted a boat for your cottage...I want a cottage!! :)

Amy said...

That is sooo cool that you have his shoes on your wall. Touching story that goes with it. I really like the first shot as well.

Michelle said...

what a great way to remember your dad! i love it.

April Ziegler said...

I love the 2nd shot b/c you can really tell they're on the wall on that one. And very cool story behind it!

Ashley Hiskes said...

You are so creative! I never would have thought to have had his shoes as art. It really looks like it's a great fit.

Tera Fraley said...

Very cool way to display something that is important to you! Very interesting shots

robin said...

What a great memory of your father and a great idea to display them on the wall! When I was a kid, my mom bowled on a league and sometimes she took us with her. It was one of the few times we would get to have burgers and fries for dinner!

Sara said...

That's just neat.
You are a sentimental fool- I love it. I have to admit, I don't think it would ever occur to me to hang shoes on a wall. Your creativity shines again!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....