Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Jul 8, 2007

The Shoe Tree


A few years ago I saw in a magazine a very unique family project. The family had a walking trail behind their cottage that they had made and cleared by themselves. I wish I could remember more of the story, but I just loved their idea. They found a large tree near the beginning of the trail and each year they would attach a pair of shoes.
I thought the idea was so cool I just had to steal it!
We too have a trail that leads from the back of our property, up a hill to a 2km winding trail. It was perfect for walking until last summer when we had intense, damaging winds that felled several h-u-g-e trees right across the trail in several places. We can still use the trail, but we have to either go around, under or over the trees.
We've had our camp for almost 4 years, so this fall we will be adding one more pair of shoes!
As I mentioned in a previous post, I am making a sign post and one of the signs will lead to our "Shoe Tree Trail".

12 comments:

Michelle said...

too funny! what a fun idea.

Amy said...

That is awesome! I would have a hard time putting shoes up there to stay ~ I guess I'd have to use old ones. Great idea.

Erika said...

Love the idea, you always have fun stuff going on! Nice capture too!

Ashley Hiskes said...

What a cool picture!

Anonymous said...

Now these is way to freakin' unique, only you would think of this Debb!!!

Karen

Me said...

I love the shoe tree. I'm going to have to steal that idea, too. AMAZING!!!!

Jen said...

What a cool idea!

Tera Fraley said...

How funny and what a creative idea!! Very neat pic!!

Cindi Koceich said...

That is so fun!! Love it!

Melissa said...

What a cool idea!

Dar Kaso said...

What a great idea and photo.

Anonymous said...

Very creative use of old shoes! Loving the flip flops. What a great memory you are creating.

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....