Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Jul 16, 2007

What's that on your ears???



Being the ever individual, hippy-wanna-be teenager that I was, I used to march to the beat of a different drummer sometimes. One look at this photo now and all I can say is, "what was I thinking???"

This photo cracks me up every time I look at it. This is the photo that was taken for my parent's Church directory. My two older sisters were gone and married, so that would make me about 13 years old, [likely 1971]. So this is Mom in her wig and Dad looking like he's on something! I was into making my own clothes and the vest and the neck choker [ha - there's my plug for Jewelry week!] are my designs! Was I cool or what??? Funny thing is, I thought I WAS!

Ellen DeGeneres thought this photo was funny because she showed it on her TV show in May 2006. I never in a million years thought she would show it, so I didn't watch the show the next few days after submitting it! My cousin called me and said, "Umm, I think I just saw an old picture of you and Uncle Lionel on Ellen!" Doh! I missed it!!! I even watched the re-runs religiously to see if they would repeat it. Darn it all.

Anyhoo, you might think that I was a fan of Star Wars and Princess Leia!? Ummm - Star Wars wasn't released until 1977!!! Makes me repeat again, "What was I thinking??"

14 comments:

jordan.krogman said...

Clearly you were the trendsetter for the Princess Leia look! lol You know, in about 10 years we're going to look back at the pics we're taking NOW and say "What were we thinking?!?" I love old photos. I think you all look awesome!

Lauren Hartman said...

LOL, my first thought was Star Wars. So sorry you missed seeing it on TV, how funny that Ellen thought it was funny enough to show too!

Amy said...

LOL! You were sure stylin'! And to wear that for the church directory photo no less!:) I love Ellen and don't watch it like I used to, I'll bet you just hate that you missed that.

Michelle said...

ROFL! love that photo! how cool were you that you were willing to march to a different beat. tfs!

April Ziegler said...

LOL! I totally thought Princess Leia when I saw this. Too funny. I certainly have plenty 'What was I thinking?' photos of my own ;-)

Sarah said...

Ditto jglanzer: you were a trendsetter!

Everyone needs at least one photo that they look back and say, "What was I thinking!?" :) It makes for fun memories!

(Love the quote about spring and dirt!)

Mom2Drew said...

The BEST pic for jewelry week BAR NONE! I love this, love this, love this. Such personality and uniqueness!!

Anonymous said...

Quite a bold move for the church directory! You are wearing that hairstyle. Too funny.

Jan said...

ROFL! Definitely. They were thinking of you and your style when they created Princess Leia! Love it... The hot pants, the hair--you really are a TRENDSETTER!!

robin said...

OMG - this is too funny! I can remember wearing my hair just like this! And the vest and choker - just like something I would have done. Back then, it was so cool to make your own clothes and jewelry. Love this picture, sorry you missed seeing it on Ellen!

Lorrie said...

ooooh, so you WERE a trend setter and George Lucas got his Princess Leia hairdo from you!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!! Such a fun picture to share!

bprincephoto said...

You were such a trendsetter!! They copied you!! Great picture

Tori said...

OMGosh... I instantly thought of Princess Leia! That's hilarious how you did this BEFORE the movie came out! Maybe George Lucas saw the picture and used you for inspiration? ;-)

~~Debb~~ said...

It's very weird. I can't figure out WHY I wore my hair like that. I know it was 1971 because there's no way that I'm 19 yrs old in the photo, which was how old I was when Star Wars was released. The hair style must have been in a magazine or a catalogue or something for me to be inspired to try it too! IT's a weird mystery!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....