Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Jul 13, 2007

Doggy Socks



Turns out we didn't go to camp. Rain in the forecast and only 15 degrees C!!! WTH??? Where did the heat go? Sheesh.

I know these aren't shoes, but the story behind this is quite funny. A little history...
Our Gracie has been plagued with allergies for most of her 3 years of life. Until we found out that a vegetarian diet helps a lot she bit and chewed and scratched and itched constantly. She still scratches quite a bit, but not near as much as before. She also gets ear infections. To help ease her discomfort, I often put drops in her ears, calamine lotion on her belly, antibiotic lotions between her toes. After swimming I take a baby wipe and clean between her toes and wash her belly. The parasites in water are her worst enemy -- and she's a retriever! She LOVES the water.
All I have to say is, "it's time to fix your ears/belly/feet" and she stops what she's doing and succumbs to my nursing. She is such an agreeable dog. It's actually the cutest thing how she seems to know that what I'm doing helps her. Anyway, because she is so agreeable, you can do almost anything to her.
Gracie LOVES my daughter's boyfriend, Jay. She practically turns herself inside out when he's around and she vies for his affection always. I had just done laundry and Jay pulls out 4 of DD's tiny tennis type socks - the ones that don't even go up to the ankle. He put one on Gracie and at first she started to shake it off. Then all of a sudden she got this look on her face that said, "okay, do what you have to do". He proceeded to the put the other three on her feet. The crazy girl just sat there taking it all in. Maybe you had to be there, but it was the funniest thing ever. Jay was in hysterics laughing.
That's my Gracie!!!

9 comments:

Sara said...

I really thought you were going down the road of...so we have her wear socks after my ministrations...
LOL!
That is a funny story. Your Gracis has the most beautiful doggy eyes- they are really golden.

Tori said...

Great story.... she seems like a really wonderful pet!

Teri said...

Thats to funny.

Erika said...

Too funny, I too thought the socks were part of her "health" routine! They just look hysterical in that first shot, and how she could care less in the second!

Mom2Drew said...

Awww, so sweet. Sorry she has to suffer with allergies though, that's got to be tough. Love those doggie socks, I was laughing this morning and even showed my parents.

Jan said...

Too funny! Yep, I was waiting to hear how the socks helped her allergies somehow... LOL! Really fun shots... Wish my dog was that cooperative!

Michelle said...

wow! what a truly agreeable dog! she is adorable and looks way too sweet.

Jen said...

OMG LOL! she sounds like a great dog! She's gorgeous too. LOVE that pic!

April Ziegler said...

awww, Gracie has a crush. Lol. That is too funny!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....