Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Jul 24, 2007

My Sign

We had a fantastic four days at the cottage. Got back this afternoon and already we're wishing we were back there. The weather couldn't have been better and the water is divine. So refreshing.
Doug and I finished putting up the roof trusses on the right side of the addition. It took us twice as long as someone who knows what they're doing. It's hard trying to figure out the angles of the cuts! But hey, we're saving money by not hiring a contractor!! :)

I finally finished my camp sign. I am so happy with the results and it looks so darn cute on the path. I goofed up a bit though. I don't know how many times I checked and double checked that I had the arrows pointing the right way. But, lo and behold, I had goofed up on the Main Camp sign. I had the arrow pointing the wrong way. So I had to cut the ends to make it point right. Now I have to paint the ends again and put the waterproofing on, but it doesn't look too bad. Doug thinks I should add one more sign, like Alaska or North Pole or something! The 'Fish Shack' is really the outhouse. I have it decorated in a fish decor. The Warehouse is Doug's shed/workshop. But I call it the warehouse because it's HUGE. The bird house on the top was originally on a very tall pole. I think it must have been made by the original owner of the camp. It recently fell off the pole and I kinda put it back together again and thought it would look great on top of my sign post!

My next project is to fix my Sun Dial. The painted numbers have worn off from the
sun and weather.

10 comments:

Lorrie said...

OMG I totally love your sign! And the picture is great. love the comp and the dof. Nice job, cute sign!

Erika said...

Great project Debb, I totally want to go hang out at your Cabin and walk the Shoe Trail path! But alas, I am far, far away! Love all the projects you're always doing!

Amy said...

That turned out great!!!!! I've been also really enjoying your old pictures, so fun!

Mom2Drew said...

FAB job on the sign...such talent! I swear I have to come visit this cottage of yours, it sounds perfect and such a great retreat.

~JustJulie~ said...

I love this. What a cool way to give directions! I wanna see all those things!

April Ziegler said...

Great sign... and I'm loving the shot!

Tera Fraley said...

Very cute!! What a great job you did, fun idea

bprincephoto said...

I'm so glad we get to see "the sign." LOL I love it. It is so perfect. Great shot btw.

cherie said...

love the sign and what a great shot of it!

Dar Kaso said...

What a great sign, how fun, the birdhouse on the top is perfect!

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....