Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Jul 5, 2007

My Hands



I can finally post!!! Being at the cottage and using Dial-up there doesn't allow me to upload or download photos - too slow! We had a great few days at the camp. The weather was great. One cloudy day, but still warm. Doug got lots of work done on the addition and it's looking great! We had a nice sauna and swim and I puttered in the yard. Blueberries are just starting!
For the last week or so, I've been working on a project for the camp. It's kinda kitchy, but cute. I made 5 little directional signs: Main Camp, Fish Shack (outhouse), Warehouse (Doug's big shed), Shoe Tree Trail and Sauna. I painted them with Folk Art paint and coated them with several coats of Varathane. I'm going to attach them to a post and put it up in our back yard. I think it's really fun! When it's all erected, I'll be sure to post a pic!
So, this pic is of me scraping the bark of the tree, which is the post for the signs. I remember when I was a kid how I LOVED to peel/scrape the bark off of branches and trees. I even got in trouble with our neighbours for cutting branches off their Hemlock tree and peeling them.

12 comments:

Erika said...

Sounds like lots of work! Show us the final masterpieces! Nice hand shots!

Michelle said...

wow. great idea and perfect for your camp! love your angles.

Heather Tracy Photography said...

Wow you are more brave than I! I would surely impale myself!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Wow, great closeups! This is so cool!

Amy said...

That is so neat ~ def. would love to see the final results! I know what you mean about dial-up ~ I live in the country and can't get high speed so everything is dial-up ~ it takes me hours to do anything!

amazing grace said...

sounds like you have been busy!!! i know what you mean about dial-up...that is my life right now..and it takes FOREVER!

leah

bprincephoto said...

That sounds really cute. Can't wait to see it when finished. Love your pictures.

Melissa said...

Can't wait to see the finished products! I like your angle

Sue said...

Wow - how creative :) I like the new layout of your blog too - and the color scheme. Can't wait to see the finished signs ;)

Anonymous said...

WOW what beautiful pictures!!

Jan said...

Can't wait to see the finished product~~and great captures of your own hands. Love them!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool, what a great idea, and handmade at that, you go girl!

Karen

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....