Some days are just a 'bottoms-up' kind of day!!

Jul 17, 2007

My First SLR


I was looking through my old photos, thinking I might find another retro look at some jewelry. Couldn't find any, but I came across this photo!
This is Christmas time, 1974. My boyfriend [and now DH] bought me my very first SLR - a Canon TLB. Ah, those were the days!!
I had been shooting with an Agfa 35mm rangefinder for years. I can't remember if I asked for an SLR or if he just surprised me with one, [it was a very long time ago!]
I've still got my old Canon, but I haven't used it in EONS!

10 comments:

Lorrie said...

wow... what a great find. i think that's a terrific picture to find. you're love of photography started a long time ago huh? Thanks for sharing!

Trisha said...

That's great!

Ruth Ann said...

Great photo! I wish that I had a photo like that of my first camera!

Kathy said...

Wow, impressive that you started so long ago. Cool picture, too, of a budding photographer.

Tori said...

Very cool! And it looks like you were reading the manual too!

Heather Tracy Photography said...

Wow! Photography sure has come a long way, its so great you have these pictures.

Amy said...

This is too cool that you have a picture of you loving photography from when you were a teenager! Awesome story that your dh bought it for you.

amazing grace said...

that's a fun pic!!!! are you reading the manual?? very fun!

great post!

leah

April Ziegler said...

Wow, what a great find. I'm loving these old shots... very cool!!

Anonymous said...

Well well well, look what we have here! You were a photographer wayyyy back when :)

Karen

My Visitors

My Own Karma

kar·ma (kär'me) -- [from the root kri, "to do" "to make"] - is the means by which you become the architect of your own destiny....actions set in motion.....